In just the fifth month of Donald Trump’s presidency his administration is beginning to go under, like a ship striking rocks underwater. He is the captain and he is both angry and confused.
This slow motion catastrophe is an amazing thing to witness.
- He insisted his real estate business experience was more than sufficient to command the White House and the nation, but disorder rules the day;
- He thought he could apply intimidation to national and international politics, but he’s only propagated confusion;
- He didn’t have the right kind of team to help him refine his political agenda in order to drive it forward, so he’s had to rely on family members and old business buddies whose decisions are breaking the rulebook and alienating American citizens;
- Not endowed with careful reasoning and unable to take advice, he’s stepped over the line of right and wrong repeatedly, and
- His uncontrolled ego articulated in the form of thoughtless statements poured mostly into his Twitter account will now be used against him.
As a result of these and other flaws, his presidency is sinking because Mr. Trump now stands on the brink of being charged for a variety of illegal acts including criminal charges. One of them is obstructing justice because he asked James Comey, the former FBI director, to disregard evidence that his advisors were getting involved with Russian agents, “that this Russia thing…is a made up story,” he stated on television. This is an example of Trump’s careless thinking and offhand speaking with perilous consequences.
Other blunders and transgressions are being investigated.
What’s also amazing is that more than 60 million Americans voted for Mr. Trump which means that they failed to see he was unfit to run the ship of state properly.